Tip to easily make a build-up sound for trance songs towards the breakdown.
- Use a cheesy synth sound.
- Put a long note for over 8 bars (or use a rhytmic synth sequence of short notes – preferably the same note).
- Automate pitch bend to go up from bar 1 to 8 over 2 octaves.
- Just before the end of 8th bar, bring the pitch bend completely down by more than 2 octaves.
- Put a high-pass filter that closes or opens from beginning to end.
- Add effecs to the sound as you like and automate where you believe this can build even more up. Like adding reverb or delay.