A jingle must be catchy, a simple tune and most of all memorable.
- Attract audience instead of convince audience
- 30 second long max
- Major pentatonic key
- Repetition of melody
- Create a simple tune that is simple to sing and rememberable
- Tink about the values of the TV channel, radio station or commercial: fun, dark, heavy, young, children, adult.
- Add some FX in the background to create a visual idea
What kind of jingles exist?
- DONUT: INTROmusic then BED where people talk and then a TAGLINE.
- SHOTGUN: just the tagline / company name
- PASTICHE: a song that sounds like another one but not fully to not break copyrights.
- Can be MUSICAL as well as LYRICAL
- EXCEPTIONS that do not follow a rule. –> for example very bad or a joke.
There is no rule. Jingles are music, they are art!