To make a mix sound clearer, cut frequencies of Send Reverbs, Bass and High Frequency Sounds at 10 kHz and above.
- Play your track in a loop constantly at a medium level
- Do other stuff while track plays = listening passively
- After a while go back to your track and you will know what it misses.
- Record some audio of your instrument
- Loop random parts of it
- Use it for a new creative idea
Super tip to find your sounds based on your heart and emotion. Use the first feeling that comes up in your mind when you hear a sound: love, dreaming, stinky, crystal, red, …
If you loose inspiration, try this for new perspectives:
- Combine two tracks from different genre together.
Use sensitivity of Simpler to create other grooves from same sample.