Very inspirational tutorial on how to use simpler and sampler in Ableton Live=
- Use sampled melody in a Simpler chopped up and put an arpeggiator in front.
- Or sample a sine wave and use Sampler
- Or put all the same key samples accross the keyboard of the sampler and use arpeggiator to trigger them for some neat effects.
Why bother with simpler/sampler when you can just drag and drop audio straight into Ableton Live? Well, today we talk about the simpler and sampler and some of the lesser known features, tricks and tips you can do with them! You cat get very creative with just a sine wave inside a sampler.
If you mix, think of your sounds in three levels like the view on the sea:
- Under the water
- Above the watter
For example in Drum & Bass you want:
- Hihats under the water
- Kick and breaks snare on horizon
- Vocals above the water
- Play your track in a loop constantly at a medium level
- Do other stuff while track plays = listening passively
- After a while go back to your track and you will know what it misses.
- Record some audio of your instrument
- Loop random parts of it
- Use it for a new creative idea